main picture

main picture

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

a NEW day

This weekend = FAIL!


"Let Down" #1 : This is my sister Brittanie and her husband Branden.



As cute as these two little love birds are, they sure now how to break a girl's heart, particularly mine.  The plan: Brittanie and Branden arrive Friday night,  Saturday and Sunday - days full of good times and good memory making. What really happened: Branden gets the flu, they don't come... FAIL!


"Let Down" #2 : J-E-T-S! JETS! JETS! JETS!

Jets lose to the Steelers (booooo!!!!) in the AFC East Championship 24 - 19.
I still love you Mark Sanchez.... FAIL!


"Let Down" #3 : "Testimonies of Christ through music" fireside
Once I heard the stake was putting on this fireside, I was so pumped and excited to attend.  Turns out the Jets game was on at the same time. We didnt CTR... FAIL!


"Let Down" #4 : NERTS LOSER!
Every Sunday night Chris, myself, and our good friends the Peedletons aka the Pendletons and the Breadys get together for game night.  The name of the game - NERTS.  This particular evening I did not bring my A game. I ended up dead last... FAIL! 


Although this weekend did not turn out quite like I expected... And these are relatively small and insignificant disappointments..  I will not let this ruin my week to come. Today is a NEW day, a NEW week, a NEW opportunity! Isn't it great how life is like that? One moment your basking in failure and disappointment, to the next moment where you are starting completely over. Life is what you make of it, I've learned that the hard way.  
So to all of you, who have experienced disappointment (everyone), keep your head up! It gets better. And remember it could always be worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment